The Inter-American Institute for Global Change Research were commissioned on the following objectives.
1 — To Identify Software Specific to Climate-Sensitive Infectious Diseases
Scope the landscape of models addressing climate-sensitive infectious diseases, with an eye to identifying the current available set of tools for public health decision makers.
2 — To Understand Expert Perspectives on Tools
Engage with researchers and policy stakeholders at key organizations in the fields of climate and infectious disease, and conducted semi-structured interviews to understand their perspectives on the software tools landscape.
We aimed to identify tools that :
- Incorporate both climate inputs and epidemiological information.
- Produce an output as a prediction or indicator of disease risk in one package.
- Are transparently described and validated.
- Are named, for future searching and versioning.
- Are accessible - code is published, or available on a code repository, a web platform, or other.